Click to discover available premium .coop names.
.COOP is a restricted top level domain (TLD) that is only open for registration to cooperatives and other relevant support organizations meeting the .coop eligibility criteria. The aim of DotCooperation LLC (DCLLC) is to provide a namespace to the Global Cooperative Movement.
The following are the primary criteria for determining eligibility for a .coop domain name.
- (COOP) The organization is a democratically controlled member owned cooperative, consistent with the International 7 Cooperative Principles; or
- (CA) Is an Association comprised of cooperatives; or
- (CC) Is an Organization that is majority controlled by a Cooperative; or
- (CS) Is an Entity with an operation or practice area principally dedicated to serving Cooperatives.
The .COOP Registry conducts audits of .COOP domain registrations and reserves the right to cancel or modify a domain name in accordance with their policies. Refer to the Verification Policy to learn about how the audits are conducted.
Proof of Eligibility
To learn more about how organizations can present proof for these four categories, please review the .COOP Verification Policy.
Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs)
Attention DAOs! You are eligible for a .coop domain if your Constitution/Bylaws show your organization operates as a democratically-controlled, member-owned entity. The .coop domain name registry does not require registrants to have a formal cooperative legal entity.
Becoming a legal Co-op increases your credibility
Your DAO should consider becoming a legal cooperative to elevate your standing in the community you serve. This added credential will demonstrate a DAO’s higher level achievement in leadership to standards of a democratically-controlled organization embracing inclusiveness, fairness, and training.
Learn more on how Legal Cooperative Associations are the ideal legal structure for DAOs here (Upside co-op | Cooperatives: The Revolutionary Solution for Compliant Ownership in Web3)
The benefits of a .COOP domain
There’s no better, or more cost-effective, way to raise your cooperative profile than an official .COOP website
- A .COOP domain provides you with immediate recognition as a cooperative organization.
- An email from a .COOP address aligns you and your fellow cooperators with the values of being a cooperative, showing that you’re part of this global movement.
- Only verified cooperatives can have a .COOP domain, and in a world short on trust, this represents a big advantage. 70% of consumers have confidence in a cooperative.
- You can use the official brand that stands for cooperatives around the world.
More .COOP Info
- Registration: $75.00
- Renewal: $89.20
- Transfer: $75.00
- Some domains may be premium or blocked.
- No refund of domain costs due to verification failure.
Get started with .COOP
How do I buy a .COOP domain name?
Buying a .COOP domain is easy! Just type in your desired .COOP domain name in the search box above to check availability. If your desired .COOP domain name is available, you can add the .COOP domain name to your shopping cart and check out.
What registration terms are allowed for .COOP domains?
You can register your .COOP domain name with EnCirca for anytime from 1-10 years.
How long does it take to register my .COOP domain?
Most domain names registered with EnCirca will appear in your account instantly. Some names, such as .COOP and .BANK require a validation period before ownership is complete. Once purchasing your .COOP domain name, please check your email your additional steps required.
How do I transfer my .COOP domain name to EnCirca?
Transferring a domain name to EnCirca ensures your names are run by an ICANN Accredited domain name registrar with the utmost focus on security. To transfer a domain name to EnCirca, simply go Here and follow the steps.
How do I use web hosting for my .COOP website?
EnCirca has many templates that allow you to quickly start your very own website for personal use or for business. Once you purchase your domain name, you need web hosting. Visit Here to view EnCirca’s web hosting and email hosting options and follow our steps to get started.
How do I use my .COOP domain name for email?
EnCirca’s web hosting packages also offer email for up to as many mailboxes as you want. Visit Here to view EnCirca’s web hosting and email hosting options and follow our steps to get started.
How do I encrypt my .COOP domain name?
Domain name encryption can come in many forms. As one of the most secure domain name registrars, EnCirca offers multiple levels of cybersecurity for your domain names. From SSL Certificate encryption, Secure DNS, and Secure Web Hosting to multi-factor authentication and domain name registrar locks, EnCirca has you covered. Visit Here to view our entire selection of cybersecurity tools for you domain name.
What are the characters and valid character lengths for .COOP domain names?
Domain Names must:
- have minimum of 2 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash;
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.coop); and
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.coop).
How do I renew my .COOP domain name?
To renew your .COOP domain name, simply visit Here and sign in to renew.
What is the grace period for .COOP domains?
In accordance with ICANN, Generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) have a 40 day “Grace period” in which a domain name can be renewed without incurring an additional fee. Its important to note however that your domain will no longer resolve on the day it expires. After the 40 day grace period, there is a 30 day “Redemption Period” in which you can renew your domain name for the full price of the domain name.
Is there a Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy for .COOP domain names?
Please contact EnCirca Support for more details.